Bible Verse

This is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 188:24



Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Well, my oldest boy turned seven yesterday. Wow! How the time just flies. I am very proud of the little boy he is and I'm confident that he will grow into a mighty young man. It seems crazy that seven years ago he first entered the world. When I get caught up in the day to day stuff , my life seems like how it has always been. It isn't until I have a quiet minute to sit down that I reflect on all the incredible experiences that I have gone through, giving birth to my first child being one of the big ones. Three kids later, I am definately a changed person from the new mother I once was. As they get older, children become more independent. It's not that my responsiblity as a mom changes, it's just that at times I feel that I'm not "as needed" as I once was. I think it is "that feeling" of having to take care of someone who is completely dependent on me, that makes me want another baby. Then I stop daydreaming and come back to the "real world" where kids are fighting and toys are all over the floor....am I crazy for wanting another one? who knows. I put that decision in the Lords hands. Yes, I am completely blessed with my three children and I know they are special gifts, and I am incredibly lucky to be their mother. As much as they make me crazy sometimes, they have made me into the person I am now and I thank God for that.

No comments: