Bible Verse

This is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 188:24



Friday, July 8, 2011

Those Crazy Moments

It does not pay off to procrastinate. Now I'm not exactly sure if that is what I've done, but I feel super overwhelmed by everything in life right now. Is it still procrastination when I have three kids that need something every minute? We are leaving tomorrow morning for a camping trip in Colorado. So this week has been crazy busy trying to get things organized and packed and washed, etc. Not to mention my dad is here to lay down new flooring, so on top of everything else I have to empty shelves and find places to stack endless books and misc. items, because I like to collect little odds and ends, which now I am second guessing. On top of EVERYTHING I am trying to accomplish, I still have school stuff that I have to do...which is where the procrastination part comes in. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day, or really I'm having a hard time managing my time well enough to fit in everything I have to do. Camping is coming at a very difficult time. So needless to say, I am not looking forward to our camping trip at this precise moment in time, but I'm sure that once we are there and settled, and I have finished a couple of assignments, I will enjoy it. Then it will be time to pack up everything and load it all up and drive home. I'm not looking forward to that part either. I'm not trying to sound negative, it's just how I feel right now I guess. I have a lot on my plate. I guess that's the life of a mother of three little ones who decided to go to graduate school. Sometimes (like now) I wonder what I was thinking. All I know is that I am doing what God has planned. I admit somedays (like the past week) I don't do it well, but I know I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. So in those crazy moments that seem to be constant, I need to take a "time out" and talk with God to regain my purpose and perspective. It is when I am focused on the Lord, then I will be able to accomplish the tasks he has put before me successfully, and feel at peace.

No comments: