Bible Verse

This is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 188:24



Monday, August 22, 2011

I left my heart in San Francisco

I just got back from San Francisco yesterday evening. I spent the weekend with my mom, sister in law and mother in law. It was a whirlwind trip but we had a ton of fun! We arrived in Oakland Friday morning and met my mom at the airport, she flew in from Washington. We took the bart over to the city and walked to our hotel. We met up with one of Brooke's friends from high school and we went out to lunch and did a little shopping. It was so nice to have a local's opinion of what to do and where to eat. Thanks Alexis! Saturday we got up and headed to the farmers market at the ferry building. Oh My Gosh! it was sooo awesome, the best farmers market I have ever been too. A lot like pike's place in Seattle or Fanuel Hall in Boston, but doesn't compare to any around here. We ate lunch at the Fog City Diner, and then went down to fishermans warf to rent bicycles for the rest of the day. We biked over the Golden Gate and into Sausalito. We found a cool wine bar called Wellingtons, we enjoyed good wine and played cards. It was nice to just hang out and relax, there were comfy chairs and couches to lounge. We took the ferry back to the city, returned our bikes, took a bus near to our hotel, and then found dinner at 10:00 at night. VERY long day! It would have been nice to sit in the jacuzzi but it closed at 11pm. The next morning we got packed up, checked out and walked to Union square. We hit up a couple shops and around noon headed back to Oakland on the bart. It was well worth it to fly into Oakland rather than SF. It was cheaper and a direct flight. It wasn't too bad figuring out how to get to the city. But next time, we will definately have to add a couple days to our trip. Friday to Sunday is WAY too short a trip to fit everything in. Until next time San Francisco, I will miss you!

No comments: