Bible Verse

This is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 188:24



Sunday, August 14, 2011

Perspective

Today is Sunday. Lately I have been feeling like I have this heavy burden to carry around. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I feel physically and emotionally tired. I feel like I don't do enough fun things for my kids or am very involved in making thier lives fun. I feel like I am telling them what not to do more than having a good time with them. Maybe my burden is that I don't feel like I am being a good mother. I know that I can't be perfect and do everything right, I just feel like I'm not doing enough. I know that it's probably all in my head and my kids are just fine, but still it bothers me and I worry about it. Our pastor at church has been talking about stress in our lives and today the message was about living a simple life. We have to be childlike to get to the kingdom of heaven. I thought to myself, I wish I was still a child sometimes, and to rely on my parents for all my needs. Well, duh, that is exactly how Christ wants me to think about Him. He wants me to rely on Him for all my needs. He wants to take care of me and provide for me. He loves me unconditionally and all I have to do is go to Him. I need to give all my worries to God and He will take care of my every need. My children are happy, they are healthy and are fed and clothed and hear that I love them all the time. I guess I just needed to look to Christ to center my perspective.
The one thing that is a constant struggle is comparing myself, my life, my situation to others, and that is totally where I start thinking that my life is just not as good. I need to remember that God made me not like other people, myself and my circumstances are unique and I need to treat myself that way. I am special in the Lords sight, and He loves me no matter what.

No comments: