Bible Verse

This is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 188:24



Monday, September 20, 2010

Being a Mommy is Tiring

I woke up this morning exhausted, my body just ached. And I didn't do anything crazy. So I reflected...I think why my days get so overwhelming is that I'm trying to do too much right from the start, and they can be overwhelming from the moment I open my eyes and am bombarded by three very awake children. Now if I would just go to bed a little earlier, and not get sucked into watching tv, then I could quite possibly wake up a little earlier and have some alone time to do what I need to do, before the hooligans get up. It's like I have zero time for myself during the day, except naptimes which are getting shorter and shorter, to do anyting productive. Then I feel guilty for not making time to read my Bible and have quiet time with God, because if I wait and not do it in the morning (because I am sleeping) then it doesn't get done...I run out of hours in the day. And it's totally my fault, I just need to switch things up a bit and prioritze, especially being back in school again. My life is just going to get more chaotic if I don't nip this in the bud.

So this is my plan:
1. Go to bed one hour earlier
2. Wake up one hour earlier

...we shall see how this goes

on another note, how come crying children can be so frustrating, especially when I am trying to do something? I just want to put him in the hallway and close my door...is that wrong? At times I am guilty of just that...at this moment however I think that I may choose differenlty, he is looking at me with a sad little face and saying "mommy" so needily....although normally I can't stand whining (it totally just makes me crazy) I will go to him and give him a little love. Oh look, he has gotten over it and is off the bed and wandering into his sissys room to cause havoc. I love you boy! Thank goodness for Disney movies (for the girl)...I can get many a thing accomplished when I put one in and she is entertained for a while...and now Cindrella is over and they both are calling my name informing me that the movie is over, two against one, they win.

No comments: