Bible Verse

This is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 188:24



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ice Cream Cones

Now my life is far from perfect, I hardly have 'perfect' days, but yesterday was one of those days that just made all the others worth it. It started out pretty normal. I have been trying to get up a little earlier to have my alone time with God, and it has been difficult (i might have to go to bed a little earlier still). My alarm is set for 6:45 but I seem to not hear it until around 7:20 ish...so I read my little daily devotional, a chapter or two in my Bible (I am trying to read it all the way through) and pray. It's close to 8:00 and I find myself still rushing to get kids dressed and fed and myself dressed as well. Needless to say there has been some spiritual warfare going on here and it has taken its toll, yesterday morning included (but not as bad as the day before). Okay so I have the three kids in the car and we aren't as late as we normally are, so that's a plus, I drop off my oldest and his buddy, and I keep the two younger ones. We go to get an oil change (oh so fun) and run one other place, then I take them to the park near our house. They need to run around. The park is something that I don't do nearly enough, I figure we have a big enough yard for them to play in, but the park is special. Okay, so we come home, have a little lunch, small one takes a nap (after crying for who knows how long) and the girl watches a Disney movie (my saving grace). Fast forward to dinner time, Chad goes off to bowling, I make dinner for the four of us, we all sit at the table, which is not a common practice, then it's out to play. The dishes wait. The kids run around for a bit, I water and pull up some dead plants to return...and now the point of my story. Ice cream cones on the porch. Three children, two dogs and one mommy enjoying the cool of the evening and eating ice cream on our porch. It was just a nice ending to my somewhat hectic day. Just that moment put peace in my heart. Then it turned chaotic again with bathtime (they were filthy!) and bedtime. Eventually they all fell asleep and again I stayed up way too late and didn't want to get up again this morning. Maybe tomorrow will be a different story.

*I take photos specifically to blog about (this post included) but you know the time just gets away from me and they are still on my camera...maybe someday)

No comments: